This past month TerraGo was lucky enough to join some of the industry’s leading organizations and individuals at the Virtual Smart Cities & Utilities conference. There were hundreds of city leaders in attendance, and dozens of speakers who were some of the most knowledgeable people in their fields. TerraGo is proud to have been among them.
TerraGo’s own President and CEO, Dave Basil, as well as our VP of Smart Cities & Utilities, Jeff Ross, hosted a panel called, ‘What’s Next in Smart City Lighting Operations?: Integrating Systems to Unlock Operational Efficiencies’, during which they provided real-world examples of smart lighting operations efficiencies gained by leading cities, including Chicago, London and more. They also taught attendees how to implement best practices for smart lighting operations including how to:
- Eliminate paper with streaming updates from mobile devices to multiple systems
- Control lights from a smartphone or tablet
- Access real-time data to fix things fast with step-by-step diagnostics
- De-duplicate 311 requests and system alerts to reduce work orders
- Consolidate, organize and group work orders to reduce truck rolls
- Use business logic to automatically route work orders to the correct crew (construction vs. repairs vs. contractor)
- Actively measure and monitor vendors, crews and operations key performance indicators
You can watch a recording of TerraGo’s Smart Cities Connect panel here.