TerraGo’s smart cities and utilities projects involve deploying millions of geographically-dispersed IoT smart devices spanning the utility and telecommunications infrastructure, including smart streetlight network controls, small cells, traffic cameras, gunshot detection sensors and more. In a perfect world, the essential data, including attributes like right-of-way access, material type, device wattage, GPS coordinates and hundreds of other important metadata elements, would be easily accessible, highly accurate and seamlessly shared across platforms. But we don’t live in a perfect world.
Typically, the necessary data elements for IoT devices and infrastructure are spread across spreadsheets, paper, disparate platforms, data silos, divisions and departments. Surveyors, GIS analysts, field crews and other personnel have different views of the assets and infrastructure, not to mention different viewpoints on what data elements should be maintained by whom.
That is one reason why the Planning module of TerraGo’s software is so important to our customers’ success. TerraGo’s planning features help normalize data and connect GIS, asset management, CMS and other systems from start-to-finish. This is what we call full lifecycle management. By taking an integrated approach, we find we can help customers avoid many of the pitfalls of projects as they proceed from the planning phase to inventory management, installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance.
Whether working with files, GIS-based inventories or other sources, TerraGo’s planning module brings together the necessary data elements and provides back-office integration services so all platforms, databases (and departments) have the information.
If you’d like to learn more or see a demo of TerraGo’s planning features, click here and let us show you how easy it is to:
- Create mobile app workflows for auditing and surveying infrastructure on phones & tablets
- Manage assets and IoT devices like poles, fixtures, meters, circuits, lights, antennas and more
- Build investment & deployment plans with analytics to track milestones, contractor performance and more
- Share data across full-lifecycle of phases from planning, surveys, audits, inventory, installation and maintenance
- Instantly capture location-tagged photos, forms, videos and more
- Import, update and collect new GIS features and attributes
- Continuously synchronize your central management system and GIS platforms
- Upload infrastructure and devices data/locations automatically
- Achieve survey-grade accuracy on your phone or tablet
- Connect laser-range finders for offset mapping requirements
- Provide field users with access to GIS basemaps and CAD diagrams even when offline